ASSIGNMENT: Lewis and Clark Argumentative Paragraph
Lewis and Clark Argumentative Paragraph (15 Points)
Learning Objective: I can write an argumentative paragraph with a claim, transition words, a counterclaim, and a rebuttal.
This week we have been learning about the Lewis and Clark expedition, counterclaims, and rebuttal. In this assignment, you will put together all of the information from this week to create an argumentative paragraph about whether or not Lewis and Clark's expedition was successful. Feel free to watch the video below for additional tips and tricks on how to complete this assignment.
To turn in this assignment:
- Click here to open the Worksheet. The worksheet will open in Google Docs.
- Choose File then Make a Copy. This will give you a copy that you can type in. Name your copy "YOUR LAST NAME - 8th Informative Essay/Founding Fathers." Do NOT skip this step or you will have trouble finding the assignment in your Google Drive later. You will use this document for the next several weeks as you write your essay.
- Complete the section of the assignment associated with Assignment 4.3. Pay careful attention to directions as you will not be completing everything on here at once.
- When you are finished click Share in the right-hand corner
- Change the sharing setting to Anyone at Mountain Heights Academy can comment. This will allow your teacher to comment on your assignment.
- Click Copy Link
- To submit your assignment, return to this page and click Add Submission
- Paste the link to your Google Doc into the Online Text box (ctrl+v)
- Click Save Changes